Spent a couple of hours today trying to jailbreak my iPod. After numerous attempts, I was on the point of giving up when I found this forum post with a solution: Run greenpois0n from the command line, rather than from the GUI.
While the forum post refers to RC5_2, I can confirm that it works with RC6 also. Here’s my method.
- Make sure that your iPod is connected to your computer.
- Shut down iTunes if it’s open.
- Turn off your iPod.
- Hold the power button and home button for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button, keep holding the home button for a further 10 seconds.
- Open Terminal.
- Change directory to the location of the greenpois0n app.
- Type open ./greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n
- A new Terminal window will open and greenpois0n should now be able to jailbreak your iPod.
- Wait for your iPod to restart.
- Find the green Loader icon on your iPod and use it to install Cydia.
And that’s it – you’re good to go!